Middle Years Programme (Grades 6-10)
What is the Middle Years Programme (MYP) at ISP?
We believe our students...
- deserve the best possible preparation for the Grade 11 and 12 Diploma Programme;
- require access to a dynamic curriculum that balances acquiring core competencies and gaining awareness of evolving local and global events;
- have different learning styles, which we take into consideration during assessment;
- need opportunities to study different languages and to develop their mother tongue;
- make connections between subjects through interdisciplinary projects, service learning and by using Paris as a classroom;
- speak about their cultural identity, the diversity of the ISP community and their personal wellbeing;
- demonstrate their passions and willingness to take action, particularly through their Service as Action projects and their Personal Project research in Grade 10;
- connect knowledge across subject areas and connect their learning to real-world situations;
- understand plurality and discuss issues from multiple perspectives;
- communicate what they've learned in multiple languages, including their mother tongue.
Our teachers and staff...
- act as coaches and mentors who help students build awareness of their own learning processes and implement strategies for learning;
- set student learning in different contexts based on student interest and current events;
- evaluate students’ problem-solving skills through authentic assessment tasks;
- take into consideration learning and language differences, adapting their lessons, assignments and assessments to meet student needs;
- support students and their families: academically, socially and emotionally through dialogue and community workshops.
How Can We Learn More about the MYP?
ISP Secondary School Handbook
Still curious? Keep Exploring ISP's Curriculum!
What's Happening in the Classroom?