Managing Possible and Positive COVID-19 Cases at ISP
15 september 2021
- What happens if a student or a staff member tests positive for COVID-19?
- How will ISP inform the community of a positive COVID-19 case?
- What happens when there is a positive COVID-19 case in the primary school?
- What happens when there is a positive case in secondary school?
- What is the definition of a full vaccination cycle in France?
- Where can I find the attestation to update my child's COVID-19 vaccination status?
- Where can I get my COVID certificate if I am vaccinated abroad?
- May siblings of students designated as contacts at risk attend school?
- May students who are household members with someone who is COVID-19 positive attend school?
- Can my child access Online Home Learning when they are home (COVID-19 positive or high risk contact at risk)?
- What happens if a student presents symptoms of COVID-19 whilst at ISP?
A strong recommendation
We recommend with the strongest urgency and sense of shared responsibility that when a child is out of school in a 'contact at risk' situation, that the family cancels all of their social interactions – activities, family get-togethers, or other – until they receive their test results.
In the event a contact at risk tests positive for COVID-19, or someone in their household tests positive for COVID-19, you must immediately inform the school and follow the protocols as set forth for a positive COVID-19 case.
Where can you get tested?
Please visit the website of the Ministère de Solidarités et de la Santé for a list of all testing sites near your residence.
PCR laboratory tests are available in numerous laboratoires, many of which can be booked online through Doctolib (search for ‘Laboratoire de biologie médicale’). You can then filter by the type of test needed (dépistage PCR or dépistage antigénique).
At all times, you should respect the time delays for testing as prescribed by the ARS, or your primary care physician.
ISP Community Members (Students, Families and Staff) Positive for COVID-19
- We require, for the health and safety of our community, that any family with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case report this information directly to the school nurses via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The school will immediately contact the French health authorities (ARS), and they may impose additional closures or protocols on top of the protocols described above.
- Submission of required documentation before re-entry to school is allowed.
- ISP will follow and fully implement the French health authorities' (ARS) expectations for COVID-19 testing.
- If a student or staff member is unwell, ISP will contact the ARS immediately to implement testing and / or quarantines, as well as required communication.