Criteria for Admission
When reviewing applications, we look for candidates:
- Who are motivated/determined.
- Whose academic performance is average to excellence.
- Whose conduct is good overall, and who are respectful of and to others.
- Who are, and whose parents are, committed to the ISP vision, mission and philosophy.
- Who are internationally-minded.
- Who would benefit from the ISP curriculum.
- Whose qualities would enrich the ISP community and be a positive contribution to it.
Some grades have additional entry requirements, as follows:
- Applicants for Early Years classes (Nursery, Pre-K and Kindergarten) must be the age required as of the cut-off date of the 1st September.
- Applicants to Nursery must be fully toilet trained before the first day of school. They must also be able to feed and dress themselves reasonably independently.
- Students applying to Grade 11 must demonstrate advanced proficiency (B1 or above) in academic English. Students applying to Grade 11 who are non-native English speakers or who have not attended an International English speaking school must provide documented evidence of their level of English (eg. Cambridge First, TOEFL, IELTS certification, etc.). Applicants may be asked to take an additional English proficiency test if necessary.
- Successful applicants to Grade 10 who are not yet comfortable with academic English may be required to have private tuition in English outside of school as a condition of their acceptance. They will need to attain the required level of English by the end of the year in order to be considered for promotion to Grade 11.
At peak admissions times, several candidates may be applying for the same spot, and in such cases we inevitably need to make a selection. To help us do this, in addition to the criteria above, we may take into account the following factors:
- Siblings already attending, accepted in or applying to the school.
- The existing gender balance of the class.
- The existing language balance of the class.
- Background/experience in an IB programme.
For more information, please consult our Admissions Policy.
For additional information, please do not hesitate to take a look at our Frequent Parent Questions, specifically Stage 3: Review Process and Stage 4: Committee Decision.