Holiday Language Program (HLP)
The ISP Holiday Language Program (HLP) offers courses in French and English on a weekly basis over the summer to any student from ISP or elsewhere from ages 3 to 16.
In 2014, the program will run from Monday, July 7 to Friday, August 1.
Please note that some of the groups are already full. Therefore, we kindly ask you to confirm the availability of space before proceeding with online payment.
This exciting, high-quality learning experience takes advantage of its unique location in Paris to offer courses that include both language and cultural immersion.
HLP's mission is to motivate students to learn French or English with a fun and interactive program. The dedicated, motivating and professional teachers strive to build confidence and self-esteem in each child.
Older students (ages 12-16) follow a full-day intensive language immersion program from 9:00 to 16:00 with occassional day trips to local historical and cultural monuments. Younger students (ages 3-11) divide their day between morning language sessions and afternoon field trips or activities such as art, drama or sports. 3-5 year olds also will have the option of taking an afternoon nap, at the request of their parents.
This year, all the sessions will be project based in order to focus the various activities and fieldtrips around a common theme, which will promote meaningful language acquisition.
Each age group will work on a different project every week. The themes are carefully chosen to fit the interests and skill development of each age group. The sessions are all taught in French and English, according to your children’s level.
- The students will attend language classes in the morning adapted to students’ ages and levels of expression in the given language.
- Various activities will be organized in the afternoon including music, art, sports club, photography and more.
- The program focuses on active oral activities such as role-play, games, and oral presentations on varied themes (music, art, literature, history etc.) to encourage spontaneous use of the language.
- The program provides a contextual consolidation of grammar skills and vocabulary, as well as an exploration of the written language to increase cultural understanding.
- The project-based session is organized around specific projects which are celebrated at the end of the course through shows, open houses and exhibitions.
- The program links all language learning directly to the project, with all activities aiming at improving language skills.
The goal of HLP is to create a unique atmosphere in which the children will build on their language skills, learning French or English within the context of a serious curriculum in a fun and interactive way.
HLP Director, Nina Wilson Bury