Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The International School of Paris Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an independent, non-profit organization, run entirely by volunteer parents, whose mission is to provide support for members of the ISP community. Our dedicated PTA volunteers work hard to organize a variety of social activities and information sessions for parents to enjoy throughout the year. Critical to the life of the school, our PTA provides support for a variety of student activities and serves as a valuable point of contact between all parents and teachers.
Creating memorable moments for ISP parents, students and teachers
To help create ISP’s welcoming spirit that bonds our families, our PTA sponsors three main types of activities:
These events provide an opportunity for members of the community to get to know one another in an informal setting and to ask questions about life in Paris or about ISP.
Coffee Mornings: Social get-togethers for parents, announced via email and the weekly newsletter.
PTA's Intro to Paris: An information session for new families to answer questions about attending ISP and living in Paris.
International Night: One of the PTA’s major social events of the year for parents and staff, with refreshments, music and dancing.
School's Out Summer's Coming Party: This end-of-year party provides an opportunity for departing staff and families to celebrate the accomplishments of the year and say goodbye to one another before school ends.
PTA Class Representative: The point person for assisting with communication between parents and teachers of a particular classroom or grade. The Class Representatives coordinate coffee morning social gatherings and help to get parents involved in school activities.
Volunteers to Assist ISP Staff: Librarians and teachers always welcome any assistance
Teacher and Staff Appreciation Days: Our special annual celebration days to say thanks to our teachers and staff.
Holiday Bazaar: A holiday market of small items for Primary School students to buy as gifts for family and friends.
Parents and other members of the ISP community organize a variety of activities that are open to parents. Many activities are free of charge or are available for a small fee and provide an opportunity for parents to meet one another, practice a skill or hobby or learn a bit more about life in Paris. Current PTA-sponsored activities for parents are listed each week in the newsletter. In the past these activities have included:
- Cooking Lessons;
- Walking tours of Paris;
- French or English Book Clubs;
- Language Conversation Classes;
- Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates and so much more!
Join us in celebrating our friendships and our diverse cultures!
PTA meetings are held once a month and are open to all parents
Coffee Mornings are held once a month at CafePassy
Dates and times for meetings, coffee mornings and upcoming events will be announced in the PTA section of the school's weekly newsletter.
Our PTA does not receive funding from the school and therefore relies entirely on donations to fund PTA-sponsored activities and programs. To share your support to strengthen our programs and activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTA depends on volunteers to assist with its many programs. If you are interested in helping with any of the roles or events listed below, please send an email to email@example.com.
PTA Executive Committee: Become a member of the PTA’s “management team” that administers and coordinates the PTA.
- Class Representative: Assisting with communication between parents and teachers of a particular classroom or grade. Coordinate coffee morning social meetings and help to get parents involved in school activities.
- Parent Partners: Assist new families from a similar cultural or language background with advice on living in Paris and attending ISP.
- Library Assistance: Assist librarians with re-shelving books, inventory, reading to students, etc.
- Welcome Workshop: Help to orient new families at ISP at a workshop designed to answer questions about attending ISP and living in Paris.
- Holiday Bazaar: Organize and craft to create the school’s Holiday market of small gift items for Primary School students to buy as gifts for family and friends.
- International Night: Help plan the PTA’s major social event of the year for parents and staff. It includes refreshments, dancing and music.
- Teacher Appreciation Days: Work together with other parents to provide our teachers and staff special days with breakfasts and snacks.
- Overnight Student Host: Host visiting student(s) from out-of-town who are participating in ISP-sponsored events (e.g. Model United Nations program, Choirs).